Sunday, September 8, 2013

FIt for a princess

When we found out we were having a girl we just knew we had to go all out on a princess room.  It all started when I found her lamp at Hobby Lobby.  It was BEAUTIFUL!  I knew immediately that I wanted it in her room and the starting point for her decor.  We decided on a color scheme that was soft and subtle but wasn't too over the top with pink-ness.  We painted the walls a beautiful soft grey color (doves cry) then my bestie Kaley made Stellas bedding and curtains out of beautiful pink fabric.  I found a beautiful vintage looking door knob that I turned into her curtain tie backs.  And matching knobs for her closet doors.  I found a garden cart at hobby lobby as well and painted it cream.  I made a cushion for the top and it is her diaper changing table.  We found a beautiful frame at Ikea that I also painted cream and had a mirror cut to size.  That is hanging above her changing table.  I lined a basket to keep her diapers in and found a galvanized steel bucket to keep blankets and burp rags in.  Her beautiful lamp sits on a little round table by her rocking chair (given to me by my sweet mother in law and sisters in law) and the shelf at the bottom of her table is the house for her little girly books that we got at her baby shower.  To top it all off we put up crown moulding and hung a beautiful chandelier.  It truly is a room fit for a princess.  (oh and I made her quilt!)

No comments: