We started noticing a while back that our house was in desperate need of a paint job. The darkest color on our house was looking like our medium color. I was not happy with how much the color had faded over the years. We had a friend of my brother come out and give us a bid. Then the hunt for colors began.
Here is our house before the paint job began.
and here are the color swatches of our final choice
And here it is on the house
Can you say YUCK!!! I almost started crying when I saw it. Our dear painter saw the panic in my face. I told him to stop and to tell me how much it would cost me to change the colors. The whole crew was wonderful. Of course they teased me, but they said I wasn't the only one who went through this.
It looks like baby poop is smeared on my garage doors!
Here are my new color choices. Believe it or not, those were actually my first choices but I thought they were too close to my original color. Thanks Diana for being my hand model!
but I LOVE IT!!! THey are just perfect (either that, or I knew if I changed it my family would think I was really crazy) But really, I am so happy with my colors. If I built a new house right now I would pick these same colors again
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my door!
We added this stripe around the bottom of the pilars, I wasn't too sure about it, but Mike really liked it so I went with it. Now I am happy I followed my oh so trusty hubby. I really like the stripe.
And here is our painting crew. They were so awesome. Very clean and very efficient. Our house was finished in less than a week from start to finish, even with the paint change! The company name is New Life Painting, James is the owner. Their phone number is 208-703-8795. Oh, and they were INCREDIBLY reasonable in the cost!

and here are the color swatches of our final choice
And here it is on the house
Can you say YUCK!!! I almost started crying when I saw it. Our dear painter saw the panic in my face. I told him to stop and to tell me how much it would cost me to change the colors. The whole crew was wonderful. Of course they teased me, but they said I wasn't the only one who went through this.
It looks like baby poop is smeared on my garage doors!
Here are my new color choices. Believe it or not, those were actually my first choices but I thought they were too close to my original color. Thanks Diana for being my hand model!
but I LOVE IT!!! THey are just perfect (either that, or I knew if I changed it my family would think I was really crazy) But really, I am so happy with my colors. If I built a new house right now I would pick these same colors again
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my door!
We added this stripe around the bottom of the pilars, I wasn't too sure about it, but Mike really liked it so I went with it. Now I am happy I followed my oh so trusty hubby. I really like the stripe.
And here is our painting crew. They were so awesome. Very clean and very efficient. Our house was finished in less than a week from start to finish, even with the paint change! The company name is New Life Painting, James is the owner. Their phone number is 208-703-8795. Oh, and they were INCREDIBLY reasonable in the cost!
7 comments:
Looks great!!!
Gorgeous Anna!!
good call on cancelling the baby poop brown. the changes look great, that door really pops. looks great!
looks good! I'm glad you didn't stick with the baby poop color. The new colors are fab!
So do you think these guys would be willing to drive to colorado and paint my house? It is in beyond desperate need of a paint job. Just one of the many things to add to our to do list. OY!
i LOVE the red door!!! i can't wait to see it.
Hey, I just came across your cute blog. I love the face lift for you house, it looks awesome!!! We recently did the same thing. It's so much fun to have a change. Anyway, I love meeting other moms, and getting advice on all that mom stuff. I started a blog for moms, hoping to collect helpful advice, as well as discuss certain topics. Feel free to check it out, and please share comments, and advice :)
looks beautiful. I can't believe how long it has been since I have been to your house. I miss you. Holli's pictures turned out great by the way, good job.
Post a Comment