Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Funny Evan Overload!

Here are some funny Evan stories from over the last month or so. I tell you something has happened and all the sudden almost everything that comes out of his mouth is innocently hilarious, or very clever.


He fell down outside the other day. He got up and said sadly to Seth “Some of my knuckle skin came off so now I can’t punch”


Evan came up to me the other day and said “hey mom, you know that song (singing) “I have a tiger?” (you know, EYE OF a tiger)”


He was watching over my shoulder while I changed grants poopy diaper and said (while inspecting the poo) “Grant must have been working hard!”


One night Grant woke up crying. Evan soon followed and ended up in bed with me. I snuggled up to him and said that I was sorry that Grant woke him up with is crying. He said “Grants just a waker up man”


I took a sliver out of his hand the other day and asked him how it felt. He said “it still hurts…I just need dessert now, then it will feel all better”


We were dancing one afternoon and spinning and spinning and spinning…I put him down and he said “wow, you made me busy!”


Evan was eating lunch the other day and said frantically “cheetos are on my arm and stinging me” I said “well wipe them off!” He said “I CANT. My hands are cheeto-ers too!”


We are starting to do pre-school at home together. We have had a few fun encounters with him here too.


He was showing me a word and said “there are 2 f’s. (pointing to them) “H and F”


Talking about the starting letters of words he said “Horse starts with hor”


We have these big cards with all the numbers on them. I spread them all over the floor and have him jump from card to card. Sometimes I will tell him 3 numbers and have him go in that order. I gave him “8-6-1” He said “8-6-1… that’s like a phone garage number”


We have this game where you have to match up rhyming words. He had a picture of a pig. He started spouting off words that rhymed with pig and came up with big. He looked around on the page for something that looked like “big”. He pointed to a picture of a fox and said “a fox is big” clever kid!


When I asked him how he spells his name he says “E-V- circle with a tail-N” (that’s how we explain a lowercase A”


And for those of you who have hung in till the bitter end, here are my favorite two stories from the past week


On Sunday he was sitting with Sister Toomey (our favorite person of all time!) They were passing the sacrament and Evan asked her if they had already brought the bread by. She said yes and then he said “sure would be nice if they brought us all a cupcake”


And my top story (probably of all time)


Evan burned himself on my hot glue gun the other day. It blistered pretty bad. He is so sweet. The first thing he thought of was that he was going to ask Heavenly father to make it all better. Well that night in his prayers he did. The next morning he woke up and came running down the stairs to show me his non blister and said “look mom, Heavenly Father ballooned it down!”


That’s not all for that story. A couple of days later he was washing his hands and was not being so sensitive with his owie. He dried his hands off and wiped too hard, pulling off part of his scab. He inhaled sharply, looked to see what the damage was, then ran to me and said “uh-oh mom, (showing me the owie) LOOK WHAT SATAN DID”


This kid kills me. I laughed sooooooo hard. I’m still laughing as I type this. I love how his mind works. I laugh a little each day because of him. Such a sweet giant spirit inside that little boy. I love you my Evan, please never change!

1 comment:

Nancy Niederer said...

He is so cute! I am so glad you share the stories with us! I'd love a cupcake during sarament meeting as well.