Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Hoover Dam

We asked Weston and Amber to show us a couple of cool locations while we were in Vegas. One of them that we had to go to was the phenomenal Hoover Dam. This place was breath taking, and not only because it was so amazing, but it was soooooo windy! I mean the windiest place I have ever been to. There was a point where Grant was trying to run and he couldn't even move because the wind was blowing so strongly against him! I was laughing so hard and the wind blew spit out of my mouth. It was crazy (and gross!). We walked across the top of the hoover dam (I think the sign said it was 290 feet in the air?!?!) Then we drove the cars down to the Dam and walked around there too. What an awesome place.
The switch backs up to the bridge

The Dam

We saw the Arizona border from the end of the bridge
This is from down on the DamThats the bridge we walked across...Crazy!!!
And the view from the other side

No comments: