Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Seth Lost A Tooth!

This story is actually pretty funny as you get to the end.

So Seth got a loose tooth a couple of weeks ago. Marcy (my sister) came to visit for a weekend and played with it and we decided it was ready to come out. We all tried everything, but that little tooth was so hard to get ahold of that we just couldn't do it. I even had a go at it but the photographer never gets photographed!

A Few days later we went to visit Kaley and Jimmi and as I walked in the door I said "if anyone is feeling brutal tonight, We have a tooth that needs to come out. They both jumped right on it with their different tactics. Kaley first tried with the surprise and yank first...

That didn't go so well!
So Kaley took Seth back into her bathroom. They both came out completely calmed down and Seth had a piece of dental floss tied around his tooth and just hanging down. They started talking about different ways to yank on the floss. Seth wanted to tie a heavy object to it and throw it. We all said "no" to that. So by this point Jimmi joined in on the fun and they devised another plan. When I heard it I just had to turn my back because I knew that he would just be off the wall when it didn't work. Heres how it went down...
This little car that Seth is sitting on has a hood that lifts up. Seth suggested that Jimmi tie the dental floss around it and SLAM it shut! I just listened to them work it out. Jimmi tied the floss, had Seth stand up and then all we heard was SLAM. . . then silence. . . then Jimmis says "Hey, we got it!" Seth was thrilled! He opened his little mouth to show off his new bleeding gap in his mouth and shouted "IT DIDN"T EVEN HURT" So a big fat "THANK YOU" to Kaley and Jimmi for doing our dirty work and for making this a fun a memorable experience for us all!

6 comments:

Jill said...

Great post! We had tooth pulling fun this weekend too. It's amazing how different your child looks without teeth! Since Lucas lost one of his top front teeth, he not only looks like a goofball, he sounds like one too! Great stuff! :)

Melissa said...

those pictures are priceless! I love everyone's expressions..what a fun first tooth story!

Lynette said...

that is a great tooth story!!! What a hoot!!! I am sure that Seth in really going to appreciate those pics someday!!!

Camille said...

too cute. Congratulations Seth!

Nicola said...

Yay for first lost tooth! Congrats Seth! Hope the toothfairy found you. It was fun to see the story unfold. (=

The Watts Family said...

We LOVED the story and pics!!! So cute!!! You guys have the cutest kids. : ) Congrats on the lost tooth.