Friday, September 26, 2008

Neighborhood Disaster

So this is my (Mike) first post as a blogger...So I got off work early on Friday and on my way home I could see a plume of black smoke streaming up in the air and thought to myself hmmm...that looks like its coming from around where I live. The closer I got the more curious I got as that stream of black smoke seemed to be coming from our subdivision. I began to think to myself that looks like a house could be on fire and thought well Anna would have called me....I pulled into our loop and my heart sank for our neighbors Jason and Sandy from across the street as I noticed that plume of smoke and now flames shooting in the air was their house on fire. The street was filled with onlookers and a couple of policeman were trying to get everyone and their cars out of the way for the 5 firetrucks that would eventually pull up in front of our house. Everyone got out safe. There were some good explosions that went off in the garage.....they were not able to get one of their cars out which is probably what we heard and what sounded like a few pops of rifle shells too. They are handling it well....The husband and 2 twin boys that were home got out safe. I believe the house will be a loss structurally as the back side of the house upstairs took a good hit.....

Here is a link to the news report and pictures of the smoke from downtown boise.
http://www.kivitv.com/Global/story.asp?s=9080639











6 comments:

Watts Happening said...

Hey Mike, what caused the fire in that house ? You got some good pictures. How sad for that family. How close is that to your house? Hey have you checked my blog out yet? Go to Nothingbutblarney.blogspot.com
I'm just learning...Love ya Nanci

Lynette said...

sheesh...that is a big fire! Thanks for letting me be a looky-lou in your driveway! And thanks for posting your pics so I could show Randy!

Yikes!!!

The Torgersen's said...

Whoa! Scary and really sad at the same time.

Sara said...

Wow, how sad. My heart goes out to the family. How long did it take to get the fire out? Were they able to salvage things, like their pictures. etc?

Elder Micheal Watts said...

Omg what started the fire?

Louise said...

Hi Anna and Mike
I saw your blog link from Ali Deeble's. Hope its ok that I read it. Here is our blog
cwmarshallfam.blogspot.com
It is for invited readers only so you will have to email me your gmail address so I can add it
Weez