Friday, January 23, 2009

Out with the old, In with the new

About a month ago our dvd player broke. The very next day our TV went out. Mike looked at me and said "it always comes in 3's. What is going to break next?" Well secretly from that moment on I was praying that it would be our washer and dryer. (don't tell!) Well how 'bout it. Just 2 weeks ago, out of no where (ok, maybe I was forcing too much into the washer) MY WASHER BROKE! boo hoo. So here is the day that our new washer and dryer arrived. I don't think we have had anything this fancy in our home before. Obviously we all thought it was pretty cool. I actually can't wait until laundry day now. Not only is it so efficient, but it keeps the kids entertained all day long!

Goodbye old faithful friend!

Hello my new best friend!

Yes, That is his smile!

7 comments:

Jill said...

I just turned a little green. With envy. Lucas fell on the open door of our dishwasher not too long ago and I was secretly hoping it was dead. No such luck... now it just makes horrible noises! Congratulations on your new friends!

Louise said...

Anna!
I am glad you finally got your new laundry gear. I know you mentioned you were wanting one.. They look so nice! Nothing like a little motivation to get that laundry done...

thecherries said...

So THAT'S how it's done. Good to know, good to know. Since you're so happy about having a new best friend, I feel it only necessary to add to that and send my family's laundry to your house. See? Look how happy you are!! It's a win every way you look at it. *smiles*

crystal said...

I love the picture of the boys staring into the washer. That is totally awesome.

Amy said...

I'm so jelous! I need to know the secret to getting your washer to totally give out!
Ours quit a couple months ago but we have a guy in our ward that fixes them. I was praying that he would come over and say, forget it you're better off with a new W/D. but nope! He fixed it and I'm still stuck with the beast!
Someday...someday...

Mrs. Umina said...

Don't tell but I secretly wish the same thing with my washer and dryer. We've had the same set since we got married and the dryer is actually a hand me down from Eric's parents, it's over 25 years old. Love your new set!

The Marshall Homestead Buzz said...

I think manufactures should come up with a dryer that folds the clothes before we take them out of the dryer.

Looks like the whole family will be involved in the washing at the Marshall home.....Enjoy