Ok, so nobody likes pictures of their feet but these feet actually have a story to tell!
We decided that after soccer games we would take the kids to this super fun place called Jumping Jungle. Its one of those new places that is filled with jump houses. We were having a blast. We were all playing together, even mom and dad! Well Seth and I were going through the obstacle course one and he was KILLING me! I think he was about to lap me! So I got to the end of the slide and stood up to see where he was. I couldn't see him so I just turned around and hopped off. Just an innocent, not dangerous, very dainty hop. Well my ankle didn't take it so well and I heard a series of cracks like I have never heard. I also felt pain in my ankle area that I had never felt before! I fell to the ground and as soon as Evan and Seth showed their faces I said "you need to go get your dad!" (imagine that being said in all capital letters, thats how it sounded)
Mike came and helped me hobble back over to our table. A few minutes later as we were assessing what we should do Stella got hungry. By that time I couldn't even walk on my foot. Mike had to piggy back me out to the car. Talk about embarassing... So I fed Stella and we headed home.
We decided to go get some x-rays and they came back clean. No break. But I would for sure need crutches for a few days. They put a brace on my foot and told me to ice it and stay off of it.
Here are a few pictures of how red and swollen my kankle got. I actually hurt it in 2 different places. My ankle and the side of my foot. My foot is in more pain than my ankle is.
We decided that after soccer games we would take the kids to this super fun place called Jumping Jungle. Its one of those new places that is filled with jump houses. We were having a blast. We were all playing together, even mom and dad! Well Seth and I were going through the obstacle course one and he was KILLING me! I think he was about to lap me! So I got to the end of the slide and stood up to see where he was. I couldn't see him so I just turned around and hopped off. Just an innocent, not dangerous, very dainty hop. Well my ankle didn't take it so well and I heard a series of cracks like I have never heard. I also felt pain in my ankle area that I had never felt before! I fell to the ground and as soon as Evan and Seth showed their faces I said "you need to go get your dad!" (imagine that being said in all capital letters, thats how it sounded)
Mike came and helped me hobble back over to our table. A few minutes later as we were assessing what we should do Stella got hungry. By that time I couldn't even walk on my foot. Mike had to piggy back me out to the car. Talk about embarassing... So I fed Stella and we headed home.
We decided to go get some x-rays and they came back clean. No break. But I would for sure need crutches for a few days. They put a brace on my foot and told me to ice it and stay off of it.
Here are a few pictures of how red and swollen my kankle got. I actually hurt it in 2 different places. My ankle and the side of my foot. My foot is in more pain than my ankle is.
No comments:
Post a Comment