Friday, October 14, 2011

Wagons Ho!

Seth had a really fun opportunity at school to participate in a program called Wagons Ho. I took a few minutes and ran over to see what it was all about and to take some pictures. It looked like they were all having so much fun.

They were sawing logs (when a team finished sawing through a log they got to go brand it for their classroom), cattle roping, making butter (by shaking a little bottle of cream until it was butter), drilling holes into wooden buttons, marking little leather tags, cutting logs with a blade, hand washing their lunch dishes, and many other things that took place while I wasn't there. They had a little hand washing station with a bar of soap and a tub of water.

They wore their cowboy hats and had a chili lunch in metal pie plates. I wish I could have spent the whole day with them.

No comments: