Saturday, February 23, 2013

Belize - Day 1


Belize

February 23, 2013-Day 1

What a whirl wind of a day!  And we are here so everything must have gone well.  I’m now sitting in our hotel room watching my boys flip through the channels on the television. 

It started this morning at 3!  Well really it started last night when at 11pm I started to get a migraine.  So all my plans of staying up late to get stuff done flew out the window.  I was bummed but my body needed rest.  So I hit the sheets at 11, Mike followed at 1.  We woke up at 3 (with my migraine still roaring so I was pretty drugged) and started our journey.  We had 3 flights that brought us here.  Boise to Denver to Houston to Belize City.  All flights went well  When we landed in Denver we only had 20 minutes to get from one gate to the next (a last minute snow storm in Boise left the plane needing some de-icing).  We made it with 9 minutes to spare and asked if we could run to get a bite to eat.  Seth and I ran back to a little Café where we soon realized that I had left my wallet back at the gate with Mike.  So cute little seth ran his little heart out so that we could have scones for breakfaat. .  It was super bumpy from Denver to Houston. Houston was a little slower for us than Dallas and we had time to sit down and relax while we ate some lunch. 

We got into Belize and it was so warm and delicious on my skin.  I actually love the humidity.  Boise is so dry that my skin literally soaked it in.  We walked out of the plane right onto the runway.  We looked up on top of the airport and there they were!  Mom and Dad were waving to us.  I instantly whipped out my camera and took a picture and then noticed them waving their arms at me to put my camera away.  One of the workers just said “no cameras or cell phones”  oops, well at least I got the shot!  We went through customs and met them out side the airport.  They greeted us with a pink sign that said “Welcome Seth & Parents”  It was so cute!  We hugged and hugged some more.  Then we got to the car and took a 2 hour drive back to San Ignacio where they are living.  Its beautiful here.  The people are so poor but they live in such a beautiful place. They brought us to our hotel.  We unloaded then headed to their place.  We met with some of their friends who are also temporary missionaries here and we went to dinner at a cute little diner called Munchies.  They say it is their favorite place to eat.   The waiter and store owner (the same man) kept referring to Seth as “the master”  It was so cute.  He is friends with mom and dad. 

I almost forgot what I know will end up being the highlight of Seths trip.  Grandpa let Seth take a ride in the back of the pickup.  We’ve all done it growing up so I was excited to give Seth the chance to experience it.  Well he took it to the extreme.  Now he wants to ride in the back every time we get in the car!  Mom and I got back there a bit with him too.  I really want this trip to be something he will always remember.  I took a picture of Granny and Seth standing up in the back of the truck holding onto the bar on the back (they only did that on the road up to the hotel!!)  we’ll see if I can ever get him back inside the cab!

We are so excited to see what each day of our trip brings.  Hopefully I can keep up with blogging it as we go!
 
we loved what the bottom of this van said "HI DO NOT KISS ME PLEASE"





No comments: