Seth started Cub Scouts this year. Its been an interesting learning experience for me. I realized that I know nothing about the program. Nicole has been serving in her ward as cub scout leader for quite a while. One evening I got to talking to her about scouts and she walked me through a whole bunch of stuff I didn't even know about. So she saw how far behind I was with Seth. Well one of the areas that we needed to work on was attending a community event. Nicole called us up that weekend and said they were going to Boise Rec Fest to pass off the requirement for Ethan and invited us to go along. It was so fun and I am so glad we went. They had all sorts of fun things for the kids to take part in. They played Golf with real instructors there to help them with their form, tennis, and watched dancers. We got to sample fun products, get free trinkets from different vendors, and who doesn't love to hang out with their cousins all day??? At the end of the afternoon we found the fountain and let the kids play for a little while. I think that might have been their favorite part!
I think we are finally on track with Seth but I sure do love having people around to help us along our way.


I think we are finally on track with Seth but I sure do love having people around to help us along our way.
No comments:
Post a Comment