Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Evan turns 4!

Its party time!

While we were in California we celebrated Evan turning 4! What a big boy. Now thats his favorite thing to tell people. Its not "hi friend" its "I'm 4!" We had friends, cake, games, presents, and a pinata! I don't think there could have been a better 4 year old party!fun birthday candles
soooo happy!
Evans birthday cake.
This is Reagan. She is a friend from church in Chico. At church on Sunday she offered to make a cake for his birthday. She asked what kind he wanted and he promptly said "I want a lion cake!" Reagan was so creative and this is what she came up with. She even made matching cupcakes!
Thanks for your help Reagan!
Evan is so cute, he gets so shy when he is the center of attention. When we started singing happy birthday to him, he just hid his eyes like he was rubbing them. It was so cute!
Blow buddy blow!
My Denine! What a great ice cream server!
I think Evans favorite gift was from us. Super Mario Bros. for the wii! Those boys would play that all day long if I would let them!
The Shern family (from across the street) gave him a bug vacuum. Sooo cute, the boys love to go out side and see what they can suck up!
Grandpa and Granny gave him some zoomorphs. Seriously the most fun toy ever! The kids spend hours playing with them!
The Cook family gave him some lions to match his birthday cakes!

After cake and presents we went outside to play a few games. We did the race where you had to hold a balloon between you and your partner and run from one side of the yard to the other
Then we played the one where you have to go from one side of the yard to the other with a cotton ball on a spoon, and try not to let it fall off! Evan had so much fun.
Then it was time for the pinata! Evan started it for us, he didn't understand why Grandpa kept pulling it up because he couldn't hit it! Grandpa explained and then went a little easier on him. I think he eventually got it and enjoyed it!
Then little Reed Cook
Grant even got to take a swing at it!
We then let the kids go by age up to Riley Cook
Grandpa was having too much fun teasing the kids. Those older boys (Seth and Frank Cook) nearly go the best of the pinata, but Grandpa was on his toes and made sure that all the kids got to have a turn at it
I love this picture. Seth thought it was up high and it was right under his nose!
After everyone had a turn Evan got to finish it off.
Grant just had fun watching everything from a safe distanceAfter the pinata we headed back inside where it was warm. The kids along with Quincy and Stella, made a fun game of "pin the parts on Evan". They traced him and then cut out all his body parts and colored them. We had the kids blindfolded and told them which part they had. Then they had to "pin the parts on Evan" I'm so glad he doesn't really look like that!After some of our guests left the kids re arranged the parts where they were supposed to go. Here is the creative team behind this game.
Happy Birthday my little man. I hope you had a great birthday. I love you!

No comments: