Sunday, March 21, 2010

Our new bed

We decided a couple of months back that we wanted to upgrade to a king size bed. We sold our bedroom set a couple of weeks ago and began the hunt for a new mattress. I slept on a memory foam mattress at my brothers house and fell in love. My biggest complaint with our old mattress was that I could feel the whole bed shake when Mike rolled over. So the memory foam was very appealing. We went and tried out the tempurpedic ones and loved them but couldn't fork out $3000 for a mattress. So we settled for the novaform pure comfort Grand from Costco. I LOVE IT!!! We got a feather bed topper for it so it has all the perks of memory foam, but it feels like you are sleeping on a cloud. Here are some pics of our adventure of setting it up. It came in a box like this.
We were told that to break that mattress in we need to walk on it for 15 minutes a day for the first month or so. So the kids get a jumping fest in our bed every day. Its actually quite a work out since the memory foam is so dense.

Here is our bed! I have fabric to make all the new bedding so when the room is all put back together I will take more pics!
We hang out in here. Its the favorite spot for all the kids because the bed is soooo comfy, and its low to the ground so its easy for them to get on!Doesn't that just look so comfy?
Funny story about the king size bed. Evan has nightmares almost every night and ends up in bed with us (If we have enough energy, we make him a bed on the floor). One morning shortly after we got our new bed, I sat up and laughed. Mike and I were each on our sides of the bed, and Evan was in the middle of us sleeping sideways and there was still room on either side! I LOVE A KING SIZE BED. I seriously don't know how we got along before!

No comments: